Lock with 0's and 1's

Report Fraud

If you suspect someone has gained access to important personal information such as your Social Security number or any Farmers Trust & Savings Bank account number, including your ATM or debit card, please do the following:

For additional information and resources, visit the Federal Trade Commission Identity Theft website.

Notify Us

You may either call (319) 668-2525 or come into the Bank during normal business hours.
Based on the information you provide, we may recommend you close your existing account and open a new account.
To report a lost or stolen ATM/Debit card after normal business hours please call 1-800-383-8000.

Credit Bureaus - Fraud Alert

The three nationwide credit bureaus keep records of your credit history. If someone has misused your personal information – or even if you're concerned about identity theft, but haven't yet become a victim – you can place a fraud alert. For example, you may want to place a fraud alert if your wallet, Social Security card, or other personal, financial or account information is lost or stolen. You also may want to place a fraud alert if your personal information was exposed in a data breach. A fraud alert is free. The credit bureau you contact must tell the other two credit bureaus about your alert.
A fraud alert can make it harder for an identity thief to open more accounts in your name. When you have an alert on your report, a business must verify your identity before it issues credit, so it may try to contact you. The alert stays on your report for one year. You can get a new one after one year. It allows you to order one free copy of your credit report from each of the three credit bureaus. Be sure the credit bureaus have your current contact information so they can get in touch with you.
Credit Reporting Agency Website Phone Number

Federal Trade Commission

If you choose you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by phone; 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338) or online at www.ftc.gov/complaint.
The Federal Trade Commission's Identity Theft website is a national resource that provides detailed information to help you protect yourself from identity theft and helps victims of identity theft repair damage to their credit records. A universal affidavit form is available on this site that most creditors will accept.

Police Report

Contact your local police or sheriff's department to report the crime. Ask for a copy of the report. When you provide your police report to the credit bureaus, they must remove the fraudulent accounts from your credit record. Keep the phone number of your investigator and give it to creditors and others who require verification of your case.
Typing pin on tablet to make payment.

Checking Solutions

Our personal checking solutions feature free online and mobile banking, unlimited check writing and overdraft protection.

Enhanced Online Security still

Online Education

Videos, questions and answers to help you make the most of your online experience with Farmers Trust.